English documentation of KM setup?

Most documentation and YouTube tutorials I see about KM are in French. Please let me know if there are some English documents and tutorials about how to setup and use Karaoke Mugen? It is a wonderful product, from what I can tell but, after I install it, it seems not so easy to understand. For example, how can use all KM existing songs for hosting a karaoke session (venue) as well as my own secondary database (folder) of songs? I would like to see videos and tutorials about how to get Karaoke Mugen up and running and learn how to host a session, where I use and display songs from KM’s own song database and then also how to have it search my local database (folder) of songs on my Windows system. Thank you.

1 « J'aime »

Hey :slight_smile: Welcome to Karaoke Mugen!

Thanks for taking the time to write this post.

I agree we would need more video tutorials, but these take time to make and none of us have the skills to do so (we do have a youtube channel ready though.)

There’s a documentation website here, have you checked it out yet? It’s in English and there’s a section about starting up Karaoke Mugen. Or are you lookign for another type of document?

As for answering your main question, you can setup several repositories of songs in KM’s system settings, but at the moment we have no way of importing songs at random from people’s folders. Repositories need a specific structure and files for KM to recognize them. You can import your songs one by one at the moment but there’s no way to automate it just yet. However, we have an ongoing issue exactly about that (importing local folders of songs from users) but we haven’t had time yet to focus on it as we’re a really small time and have to code stuff for both the app and the kara.moe website

If you’d like to contribute to the issue linked above, that’d be cool, at least give us your opinion there on how it should work, what are your needs, what kind of files you need importing, how they’re named, etc, so we can have a better idea of what users might expect from such a feature :slight_smile:

On a side note you might also want to check out the Karaoke Operator Guide in the documentation, for setting up KM for a karaoke venue (at an anime event for example). It has helpful tips and tricks.